so, when i first saw this post over on the bff’s blog, i thought to myself: what in the holy hell is this? because, let’s face it friends, it’s a crazy ass video (you can see for yourself below). AND it’s also crazy fun. which of course, made me want to know more immediately and share it.
here’s what you need to know about prisencolinensinainciusol:
* yes, that’s the real title
* it was written and performed by adriano celentano, an italian singer, comedian and tv show host
* it’s from 1972, but has a sound that’s hard to pin on any date
* the lyrics are pure gibberish. celentano once said, “having just recorded an album of songs that meant something, I wanted to do something that meant nothing.”
* and speaking of the lyrics, they’re to represent what english sounds like to foreigners
haha! how can you resist? and it’s italian! which makes it all the more irresistible. and it’s got a harmonica.
and, of course, here’s the video in all it’s blazing 70’s glory:
learn more about adriano celentano HERE.